Tuesday, February 21, 2012

After much thought and prayer, I am pleased to announce my candidacy for Oklahoma Republican National Committeeman. I have served as Stephens County(Duncan) Republican Chairman for almost twenty years and 4th district Chairman for 10 years. I have served on the State GOP Executive Committee, Budget Committee, and as State GOP Treasurer. I have been a National Delegate to the past two National Conventions.
*****
My platform is simple- we need a solid lasting foundation in the Oklahoma Republican Party that stays engaged. That can only be done by building our local COUNTY GOP organizations.
*****
All too often, the focus is on national and statewide races, but true change in our government comes from the bottom up. We must have a solid foundation. In order to leave a lasting legacy, we need a vital functioning COUNTY organization in every county in Oklahoma. I pledge to help build that infrastructure by aiding in fundraising, training and organization.
*****
The second tenet of my platform is I pledge to help keep Republican activists engaged in the process- all the time! We need fundraising events, educational events, and Party building events in County GOP organizations every year. Those events should attract crowds and harness energy that is needed to build a lasting organization that will change government for the better.
*****
The election for the Republican National Committeeman will take place in Norman at the Oklahoma State Republican Convention on Saturday May 19, 2012, In order to vote, you must be a credentialed delegate to the state convention.
*****
I look forward to visiting with you soon at your county or district convention. If you have questions, please let me know. You can email me at okgop@aol.com or call me at 405.990.7449

No comments: